The Heritage Private School Environmental Policy
The Heritage Private School aims to implement and promote a circular economy: reduce, reuse and recycle. This is integrated into educating students and continuously encouraging and motivating them to become environmentally aware. There is a plethora of actions the School has taken and continues to take, whilst educating not only our students. staff and families but also everyone in the wider community on the importance of protecting our environment.
· Implement and promote a circular economy (reduce, reuse, recycle)
· Inspire and teach current and future generations to live sustainably through responsible actions
· Encourage discussions on environmental issues, initiatives, workshops, assemblies and meetings
· Provide transparent environmental goals supported by colleagues, students and parents
· Research new practices and methods to implement friendlier environmental solutions
· Promote involvement of students and staff in activities within and outside school to develop a clear understanding of environmental concern and awareness
· Improve the School’s environmental behavior in the Prevention of Environmental Pollution
· Improve the School’s environmental performance by developing Action Plans to achieve specific Environmental Goals and Objectives
· Save energy and water and use products and packaging that have low impact on the environment
· Protect and nurture the natural environment
· Commitment for continuous environmental improvement.
Meeting legal requirements
· Implement rules and regulations on environmental controls in the School’s internal operations
· Take necessary measures to reduce/prevent environmental pollution through compliance with relevant national and European legislation.
The Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) / ISO 14001:2015
To ensure the protection of the environment, the Heritage Private School implements an Environmental Management System which fully complies with the guidelines of European Regulation (EC) No. 1221/2009 and amending Regulation 2017/1505 / EU on the voluntary participation of organisations in an Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) and also the ISO 14001: 2015 guidelines.
The scope of the System is as follows:
Pre – Primary education (NACE Code: O 85.1)
Primary education (NACE Code: O 85.2)
Secondary education (NACE Code: O 85.3)
Accordingly, the School’s Management ensures that the Environmental Management System Procedures are fully understood by all staff, are implemented and adhered to at all levels. Therefore, the School, in collaboration with its staff and students, pledges that on the one hand, it will continuously ensure the full and effective implementation of the Environmental Management System, and on the other, provide all the necessary means for uninterrupted operation as well as continuous improvement.
Policy updated on 25 January 2022
FOR THE HERITAGE PRIVATE SCHOOL